In all my years as a fitness and exercise expert I have to say that one of, if not the most asked thing by new clients is “how do I get rid of my gut?”
The good news is that your belly fat isn’t a monster that won’t go away – in fact, it’s actually not that difficult to get yourself nice and trim.
So here is my quick, five point, plan to defeat the belly beast – and have fun in the process!
- Get rid of sugar. Your belly fat is a storehouse: a place where your body accumulates things like, you guessed it, fat – and a lot of that fat comes from sugar calories. So one of the first things you have to do is cut out processed sugars like sodas, candy, and pastries. Fruit is okay, in moderation, as your body processes it a lot better.
- Get rid of carbs. We all like bread, pasta and the like but all that tasty stuff also turns right into fat – especially white flour stuff. If you do want to have carbs make sure they are of the high fiber variety!
- Protein! Your body loves and will very efficiently use proteins for fuel – so it won’t have to do any unnecessary storage. Think fish, lean chicken, and also lean meats. Stay away from processed stuff and especially stay away from anything fried.
- Fiber. Remember how we talked about how carbs are bad? Well, the only kinds of breads and such you should be eating are the ones with a lot (and I mean a lot) of fiber. But an even better source are beans and other legumes, and lots of vegetables. Raw if you can but steamed or cooked in a little olive oil is also great.
- Exercise. You knew this one was coming – and it’s a good one! But you don’t have to hit the gym to get rid of your belly. Just walk (a lot), do planks, do aerobics, ride a bike, or swimming – though if you do want to hit the gym absolutely you should do it.
There, my five points to get rid of your belly fat. So eat well, have a positive attitude, get in a good amount of exercise and, before you know it, you’ll be shedding those pounds in no time!